Catrike announces the Eola, a new recumbent trike model for 2019.
You are here
Catrike Folding Trail
The new Catrike model (Trail) announced last year at Interbike is finally in production.
After a seemingly endless wait, dealers will have Trails in stock across the country within a week.
"We're expecting the new addition to our family next Wednesday.", said Hugh Kern of AlphaBENT, California's biggest Catrike dealer in Sacramento. "It's pretty exciting to have this kind of portability in a Catrike."
The Folding Trail has features recumbent trike riders have been demanding, particularly:
- Self-contained seat: Unlike other folding trikes that require removal of the seat, the seat stays on the trike and folds with it.
- Self-locking package: With more than one cue taken from the tight-packing Brompton bicycle, the new Folding Trail locks together when folded.
- Self-standing and rolling luggage: When folded, the Trail stands upright and can be rolled around like a piece of luggage. This makes the Trail's modest weight manageable by anyone regardless of their strength.
- New seat design: In a look at what might be in the future for all Catrike models, the new Folding Trail sports a comfy-looking set of side-supporting pads for added rider comfort.
- Same Catrike durability, handling, and efficiency: These hallmark features of all Catrikes stays the same on the Trail.
The new Folding Trail is available in a variety of colors at no extra charge and comes with a complete set of Catrike-signature accessories such as computer sensor mount, sensible flag mount, integrated headlight mount, hand-rests, mirror on mirror stalk, and clipless pedals -- not to mention top-of-the-line components such as a 30-speed SRAM drivetrain, Kevlar-belted tires, and Avid BB7 disc brakes at a competitive price.
"Memory" is designed into handlebars on ICE recumbent trikes with sawtooth edges like those produced with pinking shears.
New Bacchetta B3 seat strikes middle ground between Recurve and Euromesh seat-styles.
Electric-assist and retrofit electric motor company Bionx has gone bankrupt and its assets are being sold off.
This ICE Full Fat off-road recumbent trike with Rohloff 14-speed Speedhub and full packing rack system and will be used for exploring and hunting off-road in the Sierras.
A short video of folding and unfolding a recumbent trike (Catrike Dumont)
Researchers in Britain studying elderly endurance cyclists have discovered profound benefits to cycling at an older age.
Number of views
This new hyper-yellow Catrike 700 is one of last 700's produced in this color.
The eye-catching color is best described as a dayglo or tennis-ball color and it contrasts well with the black highlights of the rest of the trike.