Due to statewide movement restrictions and the continuing wave of the COVID-19 outbreak, normal business hours remain suspended indefinitely. We are working on an appointment-only basis to help you find the best recumbent trike for your needs. Strict mask and social distancing guidelines are observed and entry to the shop is limited to as-needed only.
You are here
Catrike Folding Trail
The new Catrike model (Trail) announced last year at Interbike is finally in production.
After a seemingly endless wait, dealers will have Trails in stock across the country within a week.
"We're expecting the new addition to our family next Wednesday.", said Hugh Kern of AlphaBENT, California's biggest Catrike dealer in Sacramento. "It's pretty exciting to have this kind of portability in a Catrike."
The Folding Trail has features recumbent trike riders have been demanding, particularly:
- Self-contained seat: Unlike other folding trikes that require removal of the seat, the seat stays on the trike and folds with it.
- Self-locking package: With more than one cue taken from the tight-packing Brompton bicycle, the new Folding Trail locks together when folded.
- Self-standing and rolling luggage: When folded, the Trail stands upright and can be rolled around like a piece of luggage. This makes the Trail's modest weight manageable by anyone regardless of their strength.
- New seat design: In a look at what might be in the future for all Catrike models, the new Folding Trail sports a comfy-looking set of side-supporting pads for added rider comfort.
- Same Catrike durability, handling, and efficiency: These hallmark features of all Catrikes stays the same on the Trail.
The new Folding Trail is available in a variety of colors at no extra charge and comes with a complete set of Catrike-signature accessories such as computer sensor mount, sensible flag mount, integrated headlight mount, hand-rests, mirror on mirror stalk, and clipless pedals -- not to mention top-of-the-line components such as a 30-speed SRAM drivetrain, Kevlar-belted tires, and Avid BB7 disc brakes at a competitive price.
Catrike has discontinued the venerable Road recumbent trike model.
Face-time with ICE. Ask all of your questions. Find out what happens behind the scenes. And, try trikes, trikes, trikes... including the fully automatic ICE Adventure electric trikes.
An inexpensive hitch-mount rack for folded recumbent trikes. For example, the ICE Full Fat big-tired adventure tricycle.
Azub will be at AlphaBENT on Wednesday, October 23 to show the latest Czech recumbent technology. Come to for test-rides, and bent-talk.
Catrike has made wider hubs with through-axles standard equipment on all large-wheel models. This change affects the following recumbent trike models: Expedition, 559, Dumont, and 700. The change promotes laterally stronger wheels and prevents movement within the dropouts under load at the expense of compatibility with equipment such as electric hub moters that are designed to the older 135mm dropout widths.
2019 Norcal FARA (Friedrich's Ataxia Research Alliance) Ride coming up June 1, 2019.
Join Kyle and Team FARA to kick this debilitating disease!
Number of views
This new hyper-yellow Catrike 700 is one of last 700's produced in this color.
The eye-catching color is best described as a dayglo or tennis-ball color and it contrasts well with the black highlights of the rest of the trike.