Catrike has discontinued the venerable Road recumbent trike model.
You are here
A perfect trike for getting exercise, going to the store, or getting across town: the Villager is Catrike's highest and most upright ride. If speed is not your thing, but getting out is, it's hard to beat the Villager.
Its high seat is easy to get on and off and upright, but adjustable seat gives you a commanding view of the road and the world around.
The Villager borrows heavily from its more expensive siblings in the Catrike lineup:
- stability -- due to its wider wheel-track
- easily replaced parts --by use of standard BMX 20" wheel-sizes
- top-quality components -- bar-end shifters and 30-speed drivetrain as standard equipment
- lots of extra value -- like included rear fender, headlight mount, computer-sensor mount, and mirror mount.
Villager expands on Catrike's signature space frame with:
- seat adjustability: see the world with the upright seat angle, or get maximum efficiency with the fully laidback seat angle
- direct steering with adjustable damping: lightweight and responsive
- stiffness-enhanced peace boom: extra strong and efficient
The Villager can be fitted with a larger, more efficient wheel using dropout extenders. This increases pedaling efficiency, raises the gearing for higher speeds, and lengthens the trike for additional stability.