Catrike quietly substituted a new full-suspension Road-AR model for the rear-suspension Road. The Road-AR is like a trimmed down Dumont with 20" rear wheel and hundreds lower price tag.
You are here
A comfortable trike for getting exercise, going to the store, or getting across town: the venerable Road is Catrike's only suspension trike. The trail uses an adjustable air shock to smooth out the road before vibration gets to your back.
The Road borrows the adjustable seat of the Trail and Villager. However, the Road is more performance oriented and has a lower seat-height. Its suspension incorporates permanently lubricated parallelogram travel with the lightweight versatility of an air shock.
The low-ish seat is stable and gives you a more ergonomic and efficient pedaling position.
The Road borrows heavily from other siblings in the Catrike lineup:
- stability -- due to its low center of gravity and wide-ish wheel-track
- easily replaced parts --by use of standard BMX 20" wheel-sizes
- top-quality components -- bar-end shifters and 30-speed drivetrain as standard equipment
- lots of extra value -- like included rear fender, headlight mount, computer-sensor mount, and mirror mount.
Road expands on Catrike's signature space frame with:
- suspension: because of the relatively direct connection between the road and your back, rear suspension is the most effective way to smooth out your ride.
- seat adjustability: see the world with the upright seat angle, or get maximum efficiency with the fully laidback seat angle
- direct steering with adjustable damping: lightweight and responsive
- stiffness-enhanced peace boom: extra strong and efficient
The Road can be fitted with a larger, more efficient wheel using dropout extenders. This increases pedaling efficiency, raises the gearing for higher speeds, and lengthens the trike for additional stability.