Due to statewide movement restrictions and the continuing wave of the COVID-19 outbreak, normal business hours remain suspended indefinitely. We are working on an appointment-only basis to help you find the best recumbent trike for your needs. Strict mask and social distancing guidelines are observed and entry to the shop is limited to as-needed only.
You are here
The townie trike gets decked out for an adventure. We took the perennial favorite Villager and gave it some of our favorite upgrades:
- efficient, comfortable 26" rear wheel
- 155mm mountain cranks with stump-pulling 22T hill-climber
- Catrike adjustable neckrest
- extra mirror
- PBW airflow seat-cushion
- (chain-adjust mechanism and fairing not included)
Its high seat is easy to get on and off and upright, but adjustable seat gives you a commanding view of the road and the world around.
The Villager/EXP borrows heavily from its more expensive siblings in the Catrike lineup:
- stability -- due to its wider wheel-track and long wheelbase
- easily replaced parts --by use of standard BMX 20" wheel-sizes and mountain-style 26" drivewheel
- top-quality components -- bar-end shifters and 30-speed drivetrain as standard equipment
- lots of extra value -- like included rear fender, headlight mount, computer-sensor mount, parking brake levers, and mirror mount.
Villager/EXP expands on Catrike's signature space frame with:
- seat adjustability: see the world with the upright seat angle, or get maximum efficiency with the fully laidback seat angle
- direct steering with adjustable damping: lightweight and responsive
- stiffness-enhanced peace boom: extra strong and efficient
The Villager/EXP is fitted with a larger, more efficient drivewheel using dropout extenders. This increases pedaling efficiency, raises the gearing for higher speeds, and lengthens the trike for additional stability.