[Updated 6/21/20] Beginning Wednesday, 24 June 2020, after three months of suspension of normal business hours, we will resume regular business hours. Customers will be restricted to enforce strict social distancing and priority will be given to honor appointments.
You are here
Supercharged with technical expertise and specialist knowledge, the ICE VTX is a new breed of recumbent trike.ICE VTX and VTX+ trikes are built on a light-weight optimized ICE frame featuring No Brake Steer, Rider Positioning System, and advanced race components.
The ICE VTX is optimized for speed. These optimizations include:
- Weight: the Vortex has extra weight trimmed off as compared to other ICE models. Weight is eliminated using special tubing, and by omitting such features as a hinge for folding. Several points of adjustability found on other ICE models are eliminated in the overarching quest for lightness.
- Stiffness: Lateral frame stiffness is a key element of drivetrain efficiency. The VTX frame has a high lateral stiffness and a hardshell seat. Both of these optimizations improve rider efficiency.
- Components: Such choices as 700C rear-wheel configuration and front tires improve rolling resistance. Other component choices are to optimize weight.
- Hardware: On the VTX Plus, other optimizations include use of titanium (axles), and carbon fiber (hard-shell seat), are primarily targeted to reduce weight.
- Rider position: The VTX is a full-length trike. Its length contributes to stability at speed and gives the rider a fully laid-back seat angle for maximum pedaling efficiency.
The VTX is not intended for heavier riders and has a lower weight-rating than other ICE trikes.
The VTX traces its lineage through the ICE Vortex, Trice S, Trice Qnt. and other previous models.