HP runs out of Gekko-FX20 recumbent trikes in US for 2017
You are here
Supercharged with the latest technology, the ICE VTX+ improves on the VTX with an accross-the-board upgrade of components.ICE VTX+ has a light-weight ICE frame featuring No Brake Steer, Rider Positioning System, and advanced race components.
The ICE VTX+ is made for speed. Its weight is trimmed beyond the VTX model by careful choice of materials and components.
- Weight: the VTX+ has additional weight trimmed off as compared to other its sister, the VTX model. Weight is reduced using carbon-fiber and titanium materials, along with the lightest racing components. It lacks such features as a hinge for folding and several other points of adjustability found on other ICE models are eliminated in the overarching quest for lightness.
- Stiffness: Lateral frame stiffness is a key element of drivetrain efficiency. The VTX / VTX+ frame has a high lateral stiffness and a hardshell seat. Both of these optimizations improve rider efficiency.
- Components: Such choices as 700C rear-wheel configuration and front tires improve rolling resistance. Other component choices are to optimize weight.
- Hardware: On the VTX Plus, other optimizations include use of titanium (axles), and carbon fiber (hard-shell seat), are primarily targeted to reduce weight.
- Rider position: The VTX / VTX+ is a full-length trike. Its length contributes to stability at speed and gives you a fully laid-back seat angle for maximum pedaling efficiency.
The VTX-Plus is not intended for heavier riders and has a lower weight-rating than other ICE trikes.
The VTX+ traces its lineage through the ICE Vortex, Trice S, Trice Qnt. and other previous models.