US supply of Gekko FX26 folding recumbent trikes runs low. Remaining Gekkos are in short supply in the USA, but some still exist at premium stocking HP Velotechnik dealers like AlphaBENT
You are here
Supercharged with the latest technology, the ICE VTX+ improves on the VTX with an accross-the-board upgrade of components.ICE VTX+ has a light-weight ICE frame featuring No Brake Steer, Rider Positioning System, and advanced race components.
The ICE VTX+ is made for speed. Its weight is trimmed beyond the VTX model by careful choice of materials and components.
- Weight: the VTX+ has additional weight trimmed off as compared to other its sister, the VTX model. Weight is reduced using carbon-fiber and titanium materials, along with the lightest racing components. It lacks such features as a hinge for folding and several other points of adjustability found on other ICE models are eliminated in the overarching quest for lightness.
- Stiffness: Lateral frame stiffness is a key element of drivetrain efficiency. The VTX / VTX+ frame has a high lateral stiffness and a hardshell seat. Both of these optimizations improve rider efficiency.
- Components: Such choices as 700C rear-wheel configuration and front tires improve rolling resistance. Other component choices are to optimize weight.
- Hardware: On the VTX Plus, other optimizations include use of titanium (axles), and carbon fiber (hard-shell seat), are primarily targeted to reduce weight.
- Rider position: The VTX / VTX+ is a full-length trike. Its length contributes to stability at speed and gives you a fully laid-back seat angle for maximum pedaling efficiency.
The VTX-Plus is not intended for heavier riders and has a lower weight-rating than other ICE trikes.
The VTX+ traces its lineage through the ICE Vortex, Trice S, Trice Qnt. and other previous models.