Due to statewide movement restrictions and the continuing wave of the COVID-19 outbreak, normal business hours remain suspended indefinitely. We are working on an appointment-only basis to help you find the best recumbent trike for your needs. Strict mask and social distancing guidelines are observed and entry to the shop is limited to as-needed only.
You are here
Mounting a Minoura bottle-cage holder on an ICE seat
Minoura makes a clever, strong, and lightweight strap-on water bottle cage holder that is useful for mounting accessories including electric motor batteries as well as water bottle cages.
The BH-95X can make a strong mounting point not just for water bottle cages on the back of the rigid seat frame of an ICE recumbent trike, but also for suspending a Bionx electric motor battery.
Here is an exploded picture of the disassembled device.
The rigid ICE seat frame used on ICE recumbent trikes has 4 1" cross-bars and the bottle cage holder can be mounted on any of them. We will mount this one on the second one from the top:
- Put the stainless steel strap around the seat frame bar.
- Bend the strap so the second hole from the end nests on the outside of the embedded nut at the other end.
- Overlay the plastic base over the nested strap ends.
- Put the re-positionable cover on top of the plastic base and lay the steel bracket within the groove with the long end downwards and forwards.
- Insert the bolt through the steel bracket and the holes of the plastic cover and plastic base and engage the threads at the end of the bolt with the threads of the nut embedded in the strap.
- You will be able to feel when the threads engage and your success will be visible inside the plastic mounting base.
- Tighten and when you are finished, the bottle cage holder is ready to be used.
Catrike has discontinued the venerable Road recumbent trike model.
Face-time with ICE. Ask all of your questions. Find out what happens behind the scenes. And, try trikes, trikes, trikes... including the fully automatic ICE Adventure electric trikes.