Catrike announces the Eola, a new recumbent trike model for 2019.
You are here
Sun-Seeker full-suspension "Fat" trike
Sun-seeker showed a new full-suspension "Fat" trike at Interbike.
The display model was just that. We did not get a chance to actually ride it, but did spend some time examining it and asking questions.
- Wheel size is nominally 20". However, due to the size of the tires, the overall wheels are comparable to 24".
- Seat is a mesh on frame with adjustable angle. Seat stays are held with pins.
- Components include conventional disc brakes and derailleurs.
- Rear shock spring on the display unit was extremely hard. This can be either because the spring rate is very high, or because the preload is set high. Either way, a 160 lb downward force seemed not to budge it.
- The front suspension employs elastomers. The ones on the display model were quite stiff. There seemed to be more give from the pneumatic tires than from the shock.
- Overall weight was reported as 57 lb.
"Memory" is designed into handlebars on ICE recumbent trikes with sawtooth edges like those produced with pinking shears.
New Bacchetta B3 seat strikes middle ground between Recurve and Euromesh seat-styles.
Electric-assist and retrofit electric motor company Bionx has gone bankrupt and its assets are being sold off.
This ICE Full Fat off-road recumbent trike with Rohloff 14-speed Speedhub and full packing rack system and will be used for exploring and hunting off-road in the Sierras.
A short video of folding and unfolding a recumbent trike (Catrike Dumont)
Researchers in Britain studying elderly endurance cyclists have discovered profound benefits to cycling at an older age.